While fresh cut flowers will always have its unique appeal, more and more people are opting for silk flowers. Artificial flowers used to look cheap and dowdy. But these days, artificial flowers can be used to create elegant floral masterpieces. Silk hydrangeas in particular have a lot of advantages over their fresh counterpart. Let’s look into these in detail.
- Silk hydrangeas are easy to care for. Unlike fresh cut hydrangeas that you need to keep in water and prep before using in a flower arrangement, silk hydrangeas are ready to go without any special treatment or preparation.
- Artificial hydrangeas don’t wilt or go bad. A little TLC goes a long way in making sure they will keep their beauty for years!
- Silk hydrangeas can come in the exact color that you need. It may be difficult to find fresh hydrangeas in the exact shade or tint that you want, or expect the fresh flowers to stay the same color for days. This makes silk hydrangeas a good choice for situations where color is a major consideration.
- More economical. You can enjoy the same hydrangea bouquet longer when it’s made from silk rather than when it’s made from fresh flowers. This makes your initial investment more economical.
- Silk hydrangeas are just as lovely as fresh hydrangeas. These days, you can easily find good quality artificial flowers that closely resemble fresh flowers.
- Silk hydrangeas are durable. For more difficult flower arrangements, artificial hydrangeas as well as other artificial flowers will be easier to work with. You don’t have to worry as much about your blooms not being able to handle the design you are creating.
- Silk hydrangeas come in various types which makes it easy for you to incorporate them into your preferred flower arrangements. You have the mop head hydrangeas that are great as bouquets, the lace cap hydrangeas for adding lovely finishing touches to your flower arrangements, and the panicle hydrangeas, for vertical floral arrangements.
- It’s easy to find good quality silk hydrangeas. Look for them in the home section of your favorite department store. Or you can also go online to find suppliers.
- And because of these reasons and more, I won’t be surprise if you find yourself gravitating towards artificial silk hydrangeas when you next create your hydrangea flower arrangements.