A hydrangea wedding can easily fall under many different wedding themes. You can have hydrangeas for garden weddings, spring-summer weddings, and wedding color themes. If you have decided to have hydrangeas as your main flower, you’ll be pleased to know that you can easily use it in many aspects of your wedding.
Here are some ideas on how you can use hydrangeas in your wedding:
- Hydrangea wedding bouquet. With its full shape, soft petals and lovely color, hydrangeas make a great wedding bouquet, either by itself or with other flowers. You can use them for the bridal bouquet and for the bridesmaid’s bouquet, too. And if you are on a budget wedding, you can even create your own hydrangea bouquets easily.
- Hydrangea boutonnieres and corsages. Hydrangeas can be used to create elegant boutonnieres and corsages that are not too overpowering.
- Hydrangea centerpieces. Extend the theme to your banquet hall with hydrangea centerpieces. Hydrangea florets look great when used in low arrangements. This also makes a good souvenir for guests.
- Hydrangea cake toppers. Don’t leave your cake out of the theme. Top them with gorgeous hydrangea flowers. Or you can also decorate the base of the cake by lining the sides with hydrangea florets.
- Hydrangea aisle and altar decoration. Whether you want to have the ceremony indoors or outdoors, hydrangeas are great for adorning your venue. Scatter hydrangea petals on the aisle, line the pews with hydrangea bouquets and satin bows, and make your altar special with a hydrangea wreath.
- Hydrangea reception venue decoration. Use hydrangeas to bring in an air of romance and spring into your reception venue. Hydrangeas can decorate archs, columns, canopies, table tops, and even the back of your chairs. Make the couple’s table more special with a fresh and lush hydrangea wreath.
- Dried hydrangea wedding favor. A great way to let your guests remember your hydrangea wedding is with a dried hydrangea wedding favor. This is a fantastic wedding favor, and something that you can easily do, too.
For your hydrangea wedding, you can opt to use fresh cut flowers or silk hydrangeas. Good quality silk hydrangeas might cost a bit more, but if you take into account the fact that they’re more durable than fresh cut flowers, you might find it worthwhile to use silk hydrangeas for some, if not all, of your flower arrangements.