Hydrangea flowers are popular weddings flowers. There's just something about the delicate petals, the full shape and the dainty colors that make hydrangeas romantic and just absolutely perfect for weddings.
There are many types of hydrangeas and when it comes to weddings, some varieties are more popular than others. Here's a list of the most popular wedding hydrangea flowers to help you define your own favorites:
1. Blushing Bride Hydrangea - With a name like this, it is no surprise that this flower has come to be a classic choice for weddings. The delicate florets of this variety feature white petals with a delicate tinge of pink. This mophead hydrangea makes a great bouquet for a traditional wedding or a garden wedding.
2. Annabelle Hydrangea - White is a lovely wedding color, which makes this variety a popular candidate for wedding flowers. Aside from the pristine white petals, it's majestic size also contributes to its popularity. Annabelles are known to grow well over 10 inches in diameter! With flower clusters this big, Annabelle hydrangeas can be easily used to create stunning bouquets and centerpieces.
3. Pinky Winky Hydrangeas - It's not only the mophead hydrangeas that are used in weddings. This pinacle hydrangea are great for centerpieces and when creating a cascading bridal bouquet. The lovely white and deep pink combination makes it a sweet and romantic flower for weddings.
4. Shooting Star Hydrangea - This variety of hydrangea is a kind of lacecap hydrangea. It has lovely star shaped flowers that often come in white with a tinge of blue of light violet.
5. Nikko Blue Hydrangea - It's not only the white hydrangea flowers that are popular in weddings. The nikko blue hydrangea produces large and round flower heads that range from a deep blue color to a beautiful shade of pink - would you believe it? The color of the flower depends on the kind of soil it was grown in.
6. Giant Green Hydrangea - Although green may not be as popular as white, pink or blue when it comes to weddings, it is nonetheless, an elegant choice for a wedding. Giant green hydrangeas produce round shaped clusters of dainty florets, making it ideal for bouquets and table centerpieces.
7. Royal Purple Hydrangea - Purple, when used on its own may be too overpowering. But used as an accent or as part of an ensemble of flowers can make your flower arrangement come alive! Royal purple hydrangeas produced compact round shaped heads with dainty florets vibrant violets.